Visit - complete offer

    vodný svet
    
    • Open-air museums
    Vodný svet Sebedražie predstavuje novovytvorený prírodný areál oddychu, ktorý je vhodný práve pre vás na príjemné posedenie ale i množstvo športových aktivít. The new created natural relax area is prepared exactly for you to offer you pleasant place for sitting but also a lot of sport activities.
    castle
    
    • Trencin castle
    Trenčín castle was built over a settlement site that had existed from the Bronze Age through times of Celts and Germanic tribes to the Slavic settlement. More about Trenčín castle. Contact: Contactperson: Ing. Monika Gurínová
    Parish stairway
    
    • Sights in the historical center
    The Renaissance Parish stairway was built in 1568 as a defence passageway serving the members of the city art's guilds to defend city walls ranging from the St. Michael's Carner to the castle. At the same time it also served as an access road to the City armory, built in 1565 next to the carner. The stairway was damaged by fires in the years 1708, 1790 and 1886.
    Statue of St. John Nepomuk in Trenčín
    
    • Sights in the historical center
    It is situated on Farska Street before Parish stairs and is made from stone. St John Nepomuk who kneeling on a cloud is dressed in sacral garments. At his feet there is an angel on knees. Foto: Daša Bezáková
    Roman Catholic Church of the Birth of Virgin Mary
    
    • Sights in the historical center
    • Churches, Cloisters, Pilgrimages
    Built in 1324, on the foundation of a 13th. century building, the church is a three-nave Basilica-type structure with a simple right-angle presbytery and a protruding-front-positioned tower on the west side.
    St. Michael's Carner
    
    • Sights in the historical center
    Except for Trencin castle, it is the only substantially undamaged Gothic building in the City. The Carner was built in the second half of the 15th century as a bone house (kostnica), near the Parish church.
    House of the City's executioner
    
    • Sights in the historical center
    • Galleries, Museums
    The house dates back to 1580 and can be seen in the oldest vista of Trenčín. In the 17th century, according to folk legend, it served as the City’s executioner’s home as well as a prison. More likely the house received its name during the 19th century, when the City pandour purportedly lived there.
    The District House (at present the museum of Trenčin)
    
    • Sights in the historical center
    • Galleries, Museums
    The museum originally served as a the city palace of the Ilešházis and is located near the Upper city gate. Built in the 17th. century, late Baroque adjustments were made to the palace in 1760 -1764.
    Roman inscription
    
    • Sights in the historical center
    The most important Roman epigraphic monument in Central Europe north of the Dunaj (Danube) river, preserved „in situ“. In the last third of the 2nd Century, the invasion of Germanic tribes of Marcomanni and Quadi started one of the most dangerous conflicts between the Roman empire and tribes of the Danube river.
    Hotel Elizabeth
    
    • Sights in the historical center
    Built by baron Armin Popper in 1901 in line with elements of the Secession style, according to a design by E. Bleier. The building was erected on the site of an older inn called At the Red Star. The hotel was named after the emperor Francis Joseph’s wife Elizabeth „ Erzsébet“ (today‘s cafe Sissi bears her name ).